Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cookie Dough Truffles attempt #1










So I'm a HUGE fan of Annies Eats food blog! She recently posted about Cookie Dough Truffles and I KNEW I was going to have to make some and try them out myself. I made a few mistakes along the way, but feel they turned out pretty well. I made the dough up the night before and left it in the fridge 24 hours. When I went to make them the next day I will admit the dough was a bit tough to handle. Next time I will make sure I only leave them in the fridge a few hours and then start making up the dough balls. Here are the dough balls before their chocolate dip!
Next I melted both semi sweet and unsweetened chocolate and placed in a bowl over simmering water. Kevin came through the kitchen around this time and asked if I was 'making fondue'. In a way I guess I was fonduing cookie balls!! Here is a picture of them after their dip in the chocolate. YUMMY!! I placed mini chocolate chips on top for a cute decoration as recommended by Annie!
Next came the hard part... waiting for them to dry! While they were drying I decided I didn't want to waste the leftover chocolate and started dipping pretzels in the chocolate and putting them aside to dry. I didn't have too many chocolate dipped pretzels, but enough to put in some snack bags to take to work through the week! Finally here is my finished product!

1 comment:

  1. That's what I do with extra "fondue" chocolate! No need to waste it!!! LOL =D CHOCOLATE!! YUM!!! These look soo good!!!

    ReplyDelete